5/10/2005

Legislative Session Over; Good Times!

For those of you who check in on this weblog, rest assured there will be more content on the site now that the Legislative session is over, having ended Friday May 6. I will try and post more on things going on in my life, humorous links, commentary on various topics, my Bible study and topical articles, and more. So if you check in now, you will probably find more than my usual Bible Study outlines.

I am very excited to be visiting Sarah up in Canton, OH this coming weekend of the 13th. We plan to drive to Niagra Falls (about 3 hours in the car) and take that in for a day. It is Sarah's birthday, and she has always wanted to see the falls, so I think that will be a very nice time for the two of us. We also will be taking in the Indians vs. Angels game at Jacobs Field on Monday, something I know I will enjoy, and Sarah has stated that she thinks she will like it too and I hope she is right. Since she is a smart and discerning woman, I think she will.

Already, things are more laid back for me. It is nice to leave the office at 5pm again, rather than between 9 and midnight. It is also nice to have the time to eat a bit more healthy and get to the YMCA. I put on a few pounds like always during session, so I need to be sure to take them off the next month or two (like I usually do). I am also glad to finally get a bit of a raise, as with rising gas prices and inflaction in general, my salary hasn't bought as much as it did when I was hired. That also should reduce my stress level. Now, if the Cubs start winning a few games, things will be really going well.

No comments: