5/18/2005

Good Times in Ohio

My trip to visit Sarah in Canton, OH is over and I am back in Tallahassee. The extended weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night we went to a local Japanese restaurant and enjoyed a nice dinner and celebrated her birthday (on Friday the 13th, no less--naturally it rained and was lightning). Saturday was rather laid back as well. We visited the William McKinley National Memorial, where the President and his wife are entombed. It was quite impressive, and I must assume that all US Presidents have impressive monuments after visiting this one. Later in the day we watched The Interpreter (**1/2, look for a group of movie reviews in a little while) and then had a delicious meal at Sahara, a local Greek restaurant. Sunday was a very big day, as Sarah and I drove 4 hours to Niagra Falls in Canada. The falls are quite awesome, and I recommend a trip to see them if you haven't already. We rode the Maid of the Mist, a boat that takes you reasonably close to the falls in order to see them up close, and I recommend it heartily so long as you don't mind getting a bit wet. We stayed until nighttime, when they use klieg lights to light up the falls, and then drove home, not getting in until late in the evening. Monday, we drove up to Cleveland and watched the Cleveland Indians take on the LA/Anaheim Angels at Jacobs Field. The Angels won 3-1, but the ballpark was very nice and we had good seats behind home plate. My time with Sarah ended Tuesday afternoon after lunch at the Macaroni Grill. It was a very fun weekend, and both of us had a great time celebrating her birthday. I'll post a couple pictures taken during the weekend during the next couple of days so you can see a bit of what I am talking about.

No comments: