4/15/2007

Misc: Krystal Hall of Fame

Those who get to know me eventually find out about my love of Krystal. Those little burgers are just delicious, as are the chili cheese pup mini-hot dogs. My buddy Brent and I joke that Krystal is the "nectar of the gods." Well, although I do drive up to Valdosta, GA a few times a year with Brent to get Krystal, and always try to stop off either in Live Oak, FL or Jacksonville, FL to pay homage on trips back home, I must admit that I don't quite measure up to this fellow in dedication. Jay Barr of Cape Coral apparently flies to Orlando every couple of weeks to pick up a box of Krystal burgers and then flies home. For this, he has been inducted into the Krystal Hall of Fame (click on the statue). Quite frankly, though I don't measure up to Jay in effort made to obtain Krystal, I do believe that I merit consideration for this august honor, as I have driven many miles in order to enjoy Krystal. However, winning the award isn't my focus, just the chance to eat Krystal food is honor enough.

No comments: